Sugar Glider Food List
Here is a list of foods that are okay to give your sugar gliders. Also below you will find foods you definitely DO NOT want to give your sugar gliders. Try and give you sugar gliders a variety of foods so they benefit from all of the different vitamins and nutrients the fruits and veggies have to offer!
MEAT / PROTEIN
- Meal Worms or Crickets
- beef / hamburger (drain all fat)
- ham (use as a treat, high in salt)
- cooked egg (any form w/out butter)
- tofu chunks
FRUITS AND VEGGIES
- grapes halved
- tomatoes halved
- raw corn kernels, sliced loose (small amounts)
- cooked potato chunks
- green bean
- cantaloupe / melon
- Strawberries (they are ok for them, however, be careful with cleaning them. They have a very hard surface to clean. Any fruit or veggies with a rough surface need to be cleaned very well before feeding them to prevent them from getting sick.)
- Yogurt (vanilla or sweetened with honey)
- Soy Yogurt with cultures added after pasteurizing
- Clean Water!
- Various flowers such as baby’s breath, bamboo, blue spruce, butterfly bush, cacti(with the thorns removed since they could harm your glider), dandelions, forget-me-nots, forsythia, hibiscus, lavender, lilac, money plants, petunias, protea, quince, roses(with the thorns removed), snap dragons, sycamore, willows, and yucca.
DO NOT FEED!
Suggestions on what NOT to feed Sugar Gliders
- Chocolate (could kill them like it does to canines)
- Eggs with butter (use a non-stick pan or cook in microwave to make eggs)
- butter (to hard on their digestive systems to digest)
- processed sugar (ie: marshmallows)
- Anything high in Salt (ie:nuts with salt, best to serve non-salted ones)
- Baby food with spices or onion powder (the best is the plain meat or plain veggies)
- Bread (it is a filler, may cause them not to eat the good stuff. Some people say it causes problems for them in the digestive tract also)